Unpack Those Lederhosen -
It's Oktoberfest Time!
Pittsburgh's classic Oktoberfest celebration is coming to Penn Brewery the weekends of September 16-18 and 23-25. Come down and enjoy all of your Oktoberfest favorites:
- A wide variety of our freshest draft beers, including Penn Oktoberfest, Gold, Pilsner, and Dark;
- Live music from Autobahn, Heimat Klang, Gaudi Buam, and strolling accordionist Kevin Solecki;
- German specialties including bratwurst, sauerkraut, and pretzels, as well as homemade vegetarian sloppy joes and pulled pork;
The festivities will run from 5 pm-midnight on Fridays and Saturdays, and 4-10 pm on Sundays. Parking is free. Be sure to check http://pennbrew.com/ for more details as they become available.
- Penn's Oktoberfest shop, featuring plenty of O-Fest souvenirs.
And...if you're planning your own Oktoberfest celebration this year, Penn can cater it for you - call Rhiannon at 412-237-9400 X-112 to inquire!
Only guests 21 and over are permitted at all of Penn Brewery after 8:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays for Oktoberfest. All ages welcome anytime on Sundays. Guests under age 21 must be accompanied by an adult. Oktoberfest events are cash only, except meals in the main dining room. Please note that no reservations will be taken on Fest days, and Penn Brewery will be closed on the Mondays following Oktoberfest weekends, September 19 and 26. Penn is not accepting private party bookings between September 12 and 26.
Remember to buy your 22-oz. bottle of Penn's special 25th Anniversary Imperial Pilsner. This very malty, very hoppy limited-edition brew will be gone shortly! Not to worry, though - we're bringing back another popular Penn seasonal variety from our Brewer's Choice line, our Rye Pale Ale. This hoppy red ale, brewed with a blend of rye and two-row barley Pilsen malts, will be available on draft at Penn Brewery restaurant and other select venues around Pittsburgh beginning in October.
Events at Penn
- Beginning September 1, Happy Hour will run Mondays-Thursdays 4 to 7 pm and Fridays 5 to 7 pm. Appetizers are half-off regular prices and beers are $3.00 each. We also welcome your group to enjoy Happy Hour at Penn. Private rooms can be booked, and we can set up an appetizer assortment just for your guests. Call Rhiannon at 412-237-9400, x-112.
- Here's a tip on how to raise more funds for your organization: instead of requesting a Penn gift certificate or beer to auction at your next function, consider holding a "We Care Wednesday" event here. Just recruit as many guests as you can to dine at Penn on your designated event night, and we'll contribute 20% of the bill amount to your cause. The more guests, the more money you'll earn!
- Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays! From 6 to 8 pm every Tuesday evening, each child 12 and under can enjoy a free meal with the purchase of one adult entree. Offer good for up to two kids' meals per adult.
• Penn Harvest Dinner, October 14-15
- Heading to the mountains this fall? Be sure to check out Penn Brewery at Seven Springs' Autumnfest, held each weekend in October. Join the Penn Brew Crew outside the ski lodge for samples and fun. Visit www.7springs.com for more information.
• "Boo Brew" Bash, October 29
• Annual St. Nick Party, December 2-3
You asked us - so we're bringing them back! By popular demand, we've restored several old Penn favorites to our menu: Sauerbraten with gingersnap gravy, Jagerschnitzel, Rinderrouladen, and Brotzeitteller (previously known as the "Butcher's Block"). These hearty German dishes are perfect for crisp fall evenings!
For those of you craving a taste of "Polish Pittsburgh" instead, Chef Greg has two seasonal pierogi on the menu: reuben pierogi are available now, and pumpkin pie pierogi are coming in October. Get 'em while they last!
Every first Friday of the Month - The Blues Orphans, 8-11 pm
Every fourth Friday of the Month - Autobahn, 7-10 pm
Friday, 9/2 - The Blues Orphans, 8-11 pm
Saturday 9/3 - Joel Lindsey Trio of Blvd of the Allies, 7-10 pm
Friday, 9/9 - Jimmy Sapienza and Five Guys Named Moe, 7-10 pm
Saturday, 9/10 - Gina & Bill of Side Effect, 7-10 pm
Friday, 9/16 - Sunday, 9/18 Oktoberfest!
Friday, 9/23 - Sunday, 9/25 Oktoberfest!
Friday, 9/30 - The Boilermakers, 7-10 pm
Saturday, 10/8 - Burton's Garden, 7-10 pm
Friday, 10/14 - Jackson Rohm, 7-10 pm
Saturday, 10/15 - Claire Stuczynski, 7-10 pm
Check our website regularly for additional entertainment updates!
Penn Brewery Would Like to Thank the Sponsors of Oktoberfest 2011: