So good, it's hard to decide which is better - the beer or the brownies. Aw, what the heck - have both!
Penn Chocolate Meltdown Stout Brownies
1 cp All purpose flour
¾ cp unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
6 TB unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature
8 oz dark bittersweet chocolate, chopped
¾ cp white chocolate chips
4 ea large eggs
1 cp granulated sugar
10 oz Penn Chocolate Meltdown Stout
1 cp semi sweet chocolate chips
Powdered sugar for dusting
1) Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl.
2) In a double boiler, add butter, bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate chips and melt completely.
3) With a hand mixer or upright mixer; whip together the eggs and sugar until very fluffy.
4) Slowly add the melted chocolate mixture into the eggs.
5) Add the flour mix to this and mix thoroughly, then add in the beer and chocolate chips.
6) Grease a 9-inch baking pan and add the batter. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool then dust with the powdered sugar.
7) Serve with Penn Chocolate Meltdown Stout.
Yield: 9-12 brownies